Sunday, May 20, 2012

There's only so much time

I can't believe how much we packed into this weekend. I was looking back at the pictures that I took, and, well, you can probably see by the number of photos in this post, we did a lot!

Saturday started with lots of exercise. I made it to the morning Jazzercise class, which was a great way to start my day. Then, when I got home and cleaned up, we packed up and headed out to a park by the river and the bike path so Steve could run while Jack, Reid and I played at the park. All that before lunch!

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

After lunch, Steve took off for the Cub's game with Kurt, and Jack played in the sprinkler while Reid napped.

Saturday afternoon we had guests. It still cracks me up how much Jack loves guests. He was overjoyed as usual when my former students, Mikey and Jessie, showed up to play. He wanted to show them everything in the basement, which is Jack's usual MO when we have guests over. We did manage to make it outside to play too.

Then Auntie Bubbles showed up too. Luckily, Jack's head didn't explode! He was pretty wild though.  Jack finally tried the monkey bars on the play set. He was on Mikey's shoulders and guided by Auntie Bubbles. Reid got more swing time with Jessie.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Mikey and Jessie left after dinner. Auntie Bubbles stayed to help bathe and bed the boys. Well, she helped with that so we could get to sister-fun: sewing. Cathy is so patient with me. She brought over both of her sewing machines and lots of material. I've started my first quilt. I'm using a jelly roll and learning how to sew 1/4 inch seams. Cathy is making another awesome baby quilt for baby Nustra. We had so much fun sewing and chatting that I didn't get to bed until after 11. That's why there was no post yesterday :)

Untitled

Breyer was in on girl time too
Untitled

Today, we were all up bright and early to get started again. We have been so busy doing fun things that I have slacked on my housewife duties. We were in desperate need of groceries today, so after a stop at Panera for "brunch" (I tried to call it breakfast, but since we had oatmeal first thing in the morning, Jack corrected me), we made our trips to Target and Trader Joe's. I love Trader Joe's. I could probably do an entire post on shopping there. Maybe I will.

We finished our shopping just in time to have a quick lunch and head back out to the Touch a Truck event at Algonquin Commons. We met up with our new friends Kimmie, Jaydin, Jace, and Jeff. Jack and Jaydin loved the fire trucks, the little bobcat, and the school bus. It was 90 degrees out though, so we only lasted about an hour.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

On such a hot day, we came home, watched Star Wars for rest time, and then headed out to the backyard for family sprinkler time. It was Reid's first time through the sprinkler. I think he liked it. He definitely liked chasing Jack around the yard with me. Since all four of us were getting wet, there are no pictures of that. Maybe next time.

So there we are, exhausted and fully entertained. This week marks the official start of summer since Jack finishes school on Tuesday and then we get ready for Memorial Day. Look out pool!

Brotherly Love
Untitled

Fire Truck Comparison - Just for Fun
Today
Untitled

June 2010
Fire truck wee woo


No comments: