Sunday, September 07, 2008

Weekly update

I couldn't think of a better title, I'm sorry!

This week went by in a blur. I had my first day back at school when I didn't get to spend time with Jack while he was awake. On Thursday, I started my grad school photography class. I'm really excited about it. I'm going to do my project on Dundee. That's about as far as I am right now. But over the next couple of weeks, that should get more detailed.

We made it to Irish Fest on Friday night. Auntie Bubbles came over and we met up with the Carlsons and their friends, the DeMarsh's. We didn't stay for Brigid's Cross, which really is the entire reason to go, since Jack was sleeping and the boy needed his rest. The food was a little disappointing, but very delicious, this year. The only Irish food we could find was corned beef. Instead, we went with pupusas and funnel cake. I can't pass up funnel cake.

The most wonderful thing about this weekend was all of the rest that we got. I let Steve sleep in (somewhat) on Saturday. Breyer had a vet appointment at 8:40, so we had to wake him up at 7:30. But hey, it's better than getting up at 5:30 like he had to this morning. We all got naps today, which was nice. Jack's been off sleeping-wise lately. He doesn't nap like he used to while he's at school, so I think we spend the weekend "catching up". Today, he took a 2-hour nap this morning and an hour and a half nap at 3 p.m. He would have slept longer for the afternoon nap, but I wanted him to get to bed at his normal bedtime, so I woke him up.

We did take some photos this week, but I haven't downloaded them yet. So no photos on this post. I'll get some up next week!

No comments: