Thursday, August 21, 2008

The most dreaded night of summer

So it's here... the night before school starts. Yes, I've been back at school every day this week, but it was of my own choosing and I wasn't on any one else's schedule but my own. Tomorrow that all changes. It's Institute Day.

For the first time in nine years, District 214 is having two institute days before the start of school. Why they choose to start on a Friday, I don't know. It will be interesting to see how it goes.

So, here are the new "initiatives" that I am imposing this year.

1. FlyLady routines at home and at school. The control journals are in place; keep your fingers crossed!

2. Sharing a room with my best bud and publications partner, Sandra.

3. Writing on my Spokesman blog once a week.

I think three initiatives are plenty to keep me busy. I will also be continuing my SCRUM sprinting that I started last spring. My bulletin board is up and ready for post-its.

Not only am I starting something new, but so are Jack and Steve. Jack started daycare on Monday and has done quite well. His teachers told me today that he's a smiley guy and very laid back. That made me happy since that is what he is like at home too. The big downside to daycare is that I am now boring to him. Apparently seven other children his age are way more exciting than mom singing Hurry, Hurry, Drive the Fire truck for the 8 bazillionth time.

Steve will be starting his second grad school class. Okay, so this is technically new since he's taken one class already. However, I am counting it as new since this summer the only thing we really had to work around was his class. I think it's going to be a little different with all of us on busy schedules.

Okay, I think that's all that I have for now. Blogging is part of my weekly routine, so hopefully this blog won't suffer as I start back to work!

No comments: