Monday, July 14, 2008

Whirlwind

I feel like I am caught in a whirlwind. This past Friday morning, I flew to Kansas to take part in a 3-day planning session for a journalism teaching group I'm going to be part of this school year. We worked all day, and well into the evening, Friday and Saturday. Then we worked Sunday until we had to leave to catch our flights home. It was very invigorating, but also very fast.

Then, today was the start of my journalism teacher workshop for D214. That goes on pretty much all week. So I woke up bright and early to get myself and Jack ready and out the door by 8 a.m. (I did not wear the green shirt, so we did make it).

We got home around 4 this afternoon and I was exhausted. Jack wanted to play. So we played.

I think this must be how Steve felt this weekend while I was gone. He was helping a friend move, taking care of the house, taking care of the dog and Jack, and trying to work on grad school. He's pretty amazing.

Anyway, our whirlwind is not letting up. Tomorrow after the workshop we are heading to the pediatrician for Jack's 6-month appointment. I'm excited to see how much he weighs and how long he is. I swear he grew a ton while I was gone this weekend.

I'm also going to try something new this week. I'm going to try to take Jack to get his 6-month picture taken at Sears or Babies R Us. I think it might be fun to see what someone else does to photograph him. Don't worry, I'll be taking my own too!

On that note, I'm going to go finish my bedtime routine and hit the hay. 6 a.m. comes awfully quickly!

No comments: