Sunday, July 15, 2012

I'm totally going to jinx this...

Reid fell asleep on his own tonight! We gave him a bath, got him in his jammies, and he nursed for a little bit. But he got really cranky in my arms, so I laid him down in bed while he was still awake, and he fell asleep without crying all on his own!

Let's all keep our fingers crossed that he stays asleep all night long.

Today was a fun day. We celebrated my and Vita's birthday with the immediate family. We had brunch and played all morning.

P1070191

P1070193

I broke out my Auntie Kay's recipe for French Toast Casserole, and although it was a little scary for a minute, it turned out awesome. There was a little spillover of butter/brown sugar mixture that caused some smoke. And the casserole seemed to be breathing as we pulled it from the oven since it had puffed up so much. But after a little cooling off, not a crumb was leftover.

My family was also very generous. They bought me the 50mm prime lens I have been eyeing for my camera. I'm so excited to start using it! I'm sure the blog will benefit from the pictures too.

And we took some pictures of all of the grandchildren together. It's becoming quite a brood. Amazingly, we got all six to sit nicely for about 3 minutes while we snapped away.

P1070196

P1070200

P1070198

There are more, but you get the idea.

Alright, it's still before 9 p.m. I just might get a full night's sleep. Keep those fingers crossed!



No comments: