Thursday, June 14, 2012

Baby Updates - a new one and a 7-month-old one

Hooray! My sister Susie gave birth to another beautiful baby boy this morning! He waited around until his due date. He's a man of punctutality.

Christopher George Nustra was born at 6:07 a.m. weighing in at 8 lbs and 1/2 ounce and 20 inches long. He's just gorgeous! And don't you just love his name? I do. We can call him Chris, too; I asked.

Untitled

Susie is quite the amazing woman. She went through the entire birth without meds. And when I saw her at 10:45 a.m., she looked wonderful. I can't imagine going without sleep for that long (her water broke last night around 11) and giving birth without an epidural and looking as great as she did. I admire her. Don't worry, Peter looked great too! Unfortunately, I did not get pictures of them with Chris. I did, however, get pictures of Chris with Uncle Awesome and Grandma Sue.

Untitled

Untitled

So now Reid has someone to play with when Jack and Nick play together!

Speaking of Reid, he's 7 months old already! He officially turned 7-months on Tuesday, but I had so much to write about last night, that I thought I'd give him a separate post today. I guess he still has to share the limelight though.

DSC_0058 - horizontal

Reid is rolling over both back to front and front to back. Although he still looks a little surprised when he goes from front to back. He also can spin around on his belly. It's not a fast spin, but a controlled spin. This has made it much easier for him to move around the room. I've even caught him bonking his head on the furniture as he explores. He can push up pretty high on those arms now, and I think he's getting a little frustrated that he hasn't figured out the leg part yet. You can almost see the irritation in his face when he's pushing up and can't move forward.

He loves to make noises and "talk" lately too. He sticks out his tongue all the time, and he likes to make raspberries and spit. It's been hard to explain to Jack why Reid gets to spit and he doesn't. Reid's laugh is getting to be much stronger. He loves to be tickled, and his neck is a good place to get him giggling.

He has cut his first two teeth, both on the bottom, and both at the same time. He loves to play with them with his tongue. This could be why he sticks his tongue out all of the time. The teeth have not made eating much easier though. He has finally conquered green beans, sweet potatoes and peas. We are working on carrots now. He eats about half a tub at dinner. I'm not sure he really gets the whole eating solids yet. Although I did let him suck on a piece of apple once, and he seemed to like that a lot. Maybe he's just waiting for the real food and saying forget the liquidy stuff.

Sleep still eludes us. He goes to bed around 7 or 7:30 every night. Lately, he's been waking up around midnight and then again between 3 and 4 to eat. Then he wakes up at 6 a.m. for the day. I'll be very happy once we reach the sleeping for 12 hours at night routine. I wish I could remember when that starts! He does nap pretty well during the day. He takes a solid hour nap in the morning. And then depending on our afternoon activities, he'll sleep for an hour or two then. He also takes a third nap on occasion.

I think Reid's favorite discovery in his 7th month was the pool. He loves to splash and play. He doesn't even mind when Jack jumps in and splashes us in the face. So my plans for a summer spent at the pool look like they will stick!

DSC_0054

DSC_0050

Untitled

No comments: