Wednesday, April 25, 2012

No technology update

I didn't want to leave you hanging as to how I did today. I did it! I didn't check Facebook, Twitter, email, or anything social media related until 8 p.m. tonight. And as you can see, I am done before 8:30! I did check text messages and the weather on my phone. But I don't think that counts as mental escapes.

So what do I think of this experience, you ask? I think it was awesome! I played with the boys in our basement this afternoon (after rest) and I got to hear Jack tell me all kinds of "cool stories". He has such a great imagination. He also wanted to play dress-up and search the basement for hidden passages. We did that, and it was as fun as it sounds.

No, it wasn't easy. While I was making lunch, I was very tempted to check the phone and the computer. I resisted though! I didn't know what I was going to look for, so that helped me remain true to the cause. Luckily, I did not have the phone or a computer while we played in the basement, so that made it much easier.

Yes, I will be continuing my plan tomorrow. Tomorrow might be a little more difficult. Jack doesn't have preschool and we don't have any plans with anyone else. I think we might try to go to the zoo if the weather is warm enough. I figure a good zoo visit will keep us all busy!

Oh, and a nice bi-product of my little test today - a cleaner house. While Jack was at school, Reid and I vacuumed my bedroom and got some laundry in. Hopefully this will continue too!

1 comment:

Susie Nustra said...

Awesome job, Karen!!! Also, I know I am 33 weeks pregnant because just reading your post exhausted me. :)