Friday, August 28, 2009

Running, running, running

Big News! We are an Uncle and an Aunt and a Cousin again! Emmett John Mortensen was born August 24 at 9:15 a.m. Steve and I have both been to visit. Steve actually made it for his birth. Unfortunately, it was the first day of school, so I couldn't call in. I did make it that afternoon though. I even got to hold him for about an hour! It was awesome. So fabulous in fact, that I forgot to take pictures! I know, me, forgot to take pictures! Hopefully, we will be going back to visit this weekend and I'll post some later.

Our running group started back up this week. Actually, last Saturday. I really did miss the scheduled runs for that month that we were off. And Steve and I are convinced Jack likes the stroller rides, even when they last an hour.

Cory and Steve and Jack

Steve and Mike

Outside of the running group, I feel like we've been running everywhere just to keep up this week. With me back at work and Steve going to grad school twice a week, we certainly are cherishing our few moments on the couch when we can get them. Jack's been so tired, he's fallen asleep right away every night this week!

I don't know if I've updated all of the fun words Jack is saying now, but some standouts include booger and tissue (he can blow his nose if you hold the tissue!). Steve taught him Blackhawk and Bear today (got to get him ready for the fall and winter sports). He also says cook, which could mean cook as in make dinner or cookie.

Well, that's about it for now!

No comments: