Monday, August 10, 2009

My dangerous, fun-loving boys

Everyone always tells me how much Jack look likes Steve. And while I do see a physical resemblance, I think the similarities have more to do with their natures than their looks.

Quite accidentally, the following two pictures were taken one after the other and therefore appear next to one another in my camera roll on the iPhone. Steve noticed the connection. I wonder where Jack gets his love for adrenaline from?

Jack climbing

steve climbing

And just for giggles, here's a video of the tree actually falling.



Since Steve has grad class twice a week right now, Jack and I miss him a lot. Today, we decided that with summer ending so soon, we would take an opportunity to have some fun and see Steve at the same time. After nap time, we loaded up the car for a trip to Oak Street Beach, conveniently located right next to Steve's grad school class. We were able to get a good 45 minutes in at the beach of some good quality family time. Jack loved every minute of it. He ate his fair share of sand, and then some. He also loved the water despite it being absolutely freezing.

jack at the beach

Here's another video (and I'm actually in this one! Thanks, Steve!)



I go back to school for Spokesman Week next Monday, so we are trying to pack as much fun into this week as possible. Until next post...

1 comment:

Amy and Alan said...

You are having way too much fun with your iPhone! Love the pics of Jack and Steve... and not surprised by them at all! If we ever have a baby and it's a boy, I expect him to come out of the womb with a tool belt to match his daddy's (ouch!).
Miss you!