Thursday, January 03, 2013

Things I need to remember for Christmas season next year

I think the title says it all. I need to document this though so I actually remember. I feel like I have these realizations every year at the end of the holiday season, and then the next year comes and I don't use what I've learned.

#1 - I will spend frivolously on my husband buying him anything I think is fun and that he would enjoy. I will not stress out about whether he really wants it or not or if it's the perfect gift.

#2 - I will bake Christmas cookies the first week after Thanksgiving, and we will eat them whenever we feel like it, even if it's all at once. We can always make more.
#2a - I will not feel guilty about eating lots of Christmas cookies, even if I eat the entire batch of peanut butter kiss cookies by myself.

#3 - I will get a professional to take a family photo in October. There is no reason for us not to have a nice family picture.

#4 - I will buy the yearly Christmas ornaments the first week of December instead of putting it off and stressing about it.

#5 - I will plan one fun Christmas outing for each week between Thanksgiving and Christmas including driving around looking at Christmas lights and ice skating. I will not hesitate to do these things because I am unsure if anyone else wants to. We always have fun doing them even if we aren't in the mood when we set out.
#5a - This includes going to the zoo for the lights event.

Okay, that's about it for now. I'm sure there are other things that I have already forgotten, but this will at least get me started next November.

Happy New Year!

No comments: