Monday, January 07, 2008

So tired and a bathroom remodel

I was not very enthusiastic about going back to work today. Most of this lack of enthusiasm was caused by the realization that I could not just take a nap anytime I felt tired. That kind of freedom is such a blessing. I did take a nap after school today though, and it was lovely.

In my first big picture-a-day venture, I am actually over-achieving. The three things for today are:

The Bathroom Remodel
Steve has already done most of the demolition work for the remodeling of the hall bathroom. We had a guy come over tonight to take a look and give us an estimate on the putting-it-back-together part. Here are some photos of the bathroom in its current state.

Bathroom Demo 2

Bathroom Demo 1

Doggie Love
Breyer has been my shadow lately everywhere I go; but that does not mean she has lost any love for Steve. Here, Steve is watching the BCS Championship game and Breyer is letting him know she cares.

Breyer Love

Giving Thanks
I'm in the process of writing Thank You cards for all of the wonderful baby presents we have received so far. People are so generous it is almost overwhelming. I was trying to be artsy here with a pic of one style of thank-you that I am using.

Giving Thanks

Okay, that's it for today. Check back tomorrow night for another exciting update from West Dundee (especially since the Writer's Guild strike is still on, there's really nothing better to do!)

2 comments:

C said...

Okay, I'm new to blogging, so I figured I would post my response to your comment on both mine and yours. Here goes...(I'm sure everyone will LOVE to read this comment.)

Red Raspberry Leaf tea is a uterine tonic, not an induction method. Which means, it helps tone the uterus for labor, and I've heard many anectdotal stories about moms who use it and have short(er) labors.

Actual induction methods? Sex, nipple stimulation (i.e., just rub 'em, one at a time for 10 minutes out of the hour), walking, acupressure/acupuncture, massage w/ acupressure (I've done this successfully many times!), spicy food, relaxation, some herbs (consult a professional), castor oil/enemas (if you want)...those are the big ones! Many more exist, though.

Amy and Alan said...

You do realize, of course, that every day that goes without a "daily picture/post" makes me think you've already had that stinkin' baby boy!
Post something, already! Grades, shmades!!!!